Saturday, April 25, 2009

Guilt Free Pumpkin Spongy Cake to kill the CRAVINGS

Nice NATURAl colour with spongy Texture
Final Product


Ready to be baked


White fuffy egg whites




Batter B


I started my Saturday really early!!!I woke up at 6.30 am as my friend asked me to accompany her to do some marketing!!! I was really tired!!!Then at 7a.m i received her sms saying that she has some urgent cases and need to rush back to office.I'm the victim!!!!!*crying* Well, alot of people might think that i could just go back to sleep but i really don't have that kind of habit!Once i wake up..i would't go back to bed.

So, what's next?Read some news online and then get ready to sweat!!!After the workout, i decided to try to bake a guilt free PUMPKIN SPONGE CAKE. So i needed to buy the utencils and also the ingredients. I went to Jusco and met a very good sales person who helped me to look for my oven model and test whether the baking tray can fit into my oven. Then headed to supermart to get the ingredients.This was the first time baking this cake. It was a successful 1!!! Taste really nice and guilt free to eat the whole cake!!!hahhahah

I'm really sleepy by this hour...and guess what???need to wake up early again on Sunday morning!!!!sigh...

Well girls, lets try out this cake!!!you would't feel guilty to eat this!!!

Pumpkin Cake Recipe

Ingredients consists of : A 200gms pumpkin
2tbsp fresh milk
1/4 tsp cinnamon powder

B 4 egg yolks
60ml oil
1/4tsp salt
150gms flour
1tbsp baking powder

C 6 egg whites
100 gms sugar

First, steam the pumpkins for 15 mins and mashed it with fresh milk and cinnamon powder. Then set aside and leave it to cool.

For B, Beat 4 egg yolks with salt first, when it turns creamy add in oil and beat for a moment. Then add in the batter from A.Then add in flour(flour has to be sifted with baking powder).
When everything is mixed well. Set aside.

Now, start to beat egg whites with sugar.This is an important stage!!You need to beat the egg whites till fluffy. It will turn into DISASTER even by a droplet of water or oil. So be CAREFUL.After the egg whites beaten till fluffy. Take half of it and mix slowly with the flour batter.DONT BEAT IT.Do it slowly.After it mix well, add in this batter into another half fluffy egg whites and mix slowly too. After that you can bake it in the oven at 160 degree for 1 hr.
Good Luck!!!

No comments: