Saturday, April 18, 2009

A Day As Runway Model

So, have you ever wonder what models do?A lot of people perceive that model earns easy money and it is such a glamour works. Its not!!!Definitely not!!!!I just did a show for my friend.So,lets me correct the mindset of the normal people by telling you my 1 day schedule.

I kicked start my dy with a yoga session and some cardio workouts. Then had steambath to loosen up my muscles. I dare not to do too much of workouts as i need to wear high heel on the stage. That's really torturing!!! Then i travelled to the Production office.We need to reach there at 1pm sharp. There, models,designers,crew having lunch.So,what's for lunch? There were Fried meehoon, nuggets,sausages,and mineral waters. Next, we did the fitting.Till then, i knew that i was in Alien Theme!!!The make up was really ALIEN!!!!and also the hairstyle!!!However, it is really something new and shocking for me! After the fitting, We need to sit there for about 2 hours for the make up!!!!!!Still think that model earns easy money??? Then 45 minutes for Hair!!!

What a relief for me once th mke up was done!!!But then, touched up is needed time to time. Then, 6 of us who were in the alien theme and also the designer also by the name of Alien lead us to the fashion show venue. Tell u what!!!Everyone looked as us as we were from outer space!!!!!hahahahhahha.....What a new experience for me!!!kinda adventurous!!When we reached backstage at about 6pm, we had our dinner. Fried meehoon again!!!It really taste nice as we don't really have time to eat much the whole day. I lost 1 kg after the DAY!!!!!!!!!Then, we need to pose to be photographed.What else???wore the full costume of E.T. I was wrapped with a wire basket. Then my hand were all scratched by this wire!!

At 7.45pm, the show started and we were the 1st group to go out. After our round, we needed to wait for a nother 2 groups of 12 models to come back and we went out again for a grand finale. Then, you thought we can go back??No, we need to wait to be photographed again.

After that only we were allowed to change and wipe off the alien make-up.Then, i went back with half alien look.hahahhahah,,,hopefully i didn't scare anyone while i was driving back.We ended at bout 9.30pm.

Finally, i still feel interesting to have such experiences in my life which is we would never have a chance to disguised as ALIEN in real life but in fashion world yes!!!!!Besides, there are also chances to meet different people.Though, i was really tired and i neven been that tired for so long.....Be a model, is really not an easy job. It needs alot of pssion and patience in it. Especially for the make-up and hair do and also wearing the high heels to wait for the shows to start.Right?

1 comment:

Vivienne said...

Hey! That sounds like fun experience, hopefully the money was good to pay off such a long day! ;)

I wonder if I can get the chance to view your Alien look?! Where does this event took place?