Thursday, June 10, 2010

It was Kang's Birthday!

This month is really a birthday month! There are many people around me are June's baby including MYSELF:) However, it was kang's birthday yesterday. She never like to have big celebration. I baked a chocolate cake for her.The chocolate cake is really nice. So irresistible! During her birthday, we just had a simple meal. She requested a bowl of mee suah soup with 2 hard boiled eggs.
According to her, she said that meesuah with 2 eggs symbolize GOOD LUCK. Well, this is a chinese tradition. Usually, chinese will eat meesuah as it symbolize longevity and I still remember that when I was a kid, my grandmother will give me 2 red hard-boiled eggs during my birthday. I didn't really know why and it has been a custom! 2 means double and double is a good sign in chinese as good things come in pair. So, i assume that 2 eggs mean double up the happiness,longevity,wealth,health and etc.

I would like to wish her Happy Birthday and All the best things coming ahead! May all the dreams come true!:)

No comments: