Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Fresh Kampung Eggs- Half Boiled Eggs

A friend of mine just passed me this tray of Kampung Eggs( Local terms for farm eggs) in the gym yesterday! When i walked with this tray of eggs, i attracted a lot of attractions!!hahhaha...Perhaps people reckoned that I am selling eggs in the gym.

This friend of mine just being really nice, as she wanted me to try these fresh eggs by making half boiled eggs. She got these freshly from farm and it is cheaper to get directly from the farm. This tray of eggs are really fresh as i can see feathers in the tray!She keeps telling me that these eggs are nice to eat and so and so....So i just nodded and promised her i will try...So i have tried it today....
Here is the outcome. Kampung eggs are tiny. I made 2 eggs. I haven't had any Kampung eggs for the past 7 years i guess...coz...for me, i feel quite reluctant to take this as i feel like im eating a live! Just wonder how am I going to finish 30 eggs?

Half-boiled eggs is a really famous breakfast in Malaysia. You can get it at Kopitiam(Coffee shop),Mamak stall mostly. People eat it with soysauce and pepper. some people may use it as a dip for toast! In Malaysia, kaya and butter toast is really famous. When you come to Malaysia, remember to try these! A must try eating place in Malaysia for these kinda of foods is Old Town White Coffee restaurant. It's a local famous restaurant for local dishes! When my Friends from Hong Kong paid a visit, they went there to try the foods and they like it very much! place of

When I was a little kid, I used to have half boiled eggs and milo every morning before going to school. Nah, when i was a kid, I used to keep eggs under my bed and hopefully they turned into chicks! and i may have new friends! Funny right?

I would like to thanks Luna for her kindness!

How to make half boiled-eggs? Very easy!

Just boil some water which is enough to cover the whole egg.
Then off the fire and place the eggs in the boiling water for 2 minutes.
Then you can serve with some soy sauce and some pepper!
Try as a dip for your toast too!

No comments: